Monday - 15th May 2023
Me and my other friends were supposed to start our practicum session today. Unfortunately, we had to sit for MUET speaking test which was organised at UPTM. Therefore, we couldn't come to the school as planned. Never mind, we already told the headmistress beforehand and she was very understandable! Can't wait for tomorrow!
Tuesday - 16th May 2023
Today is the dayyyyy!!!! 🏋🏻
Woke up super early today because we will need to come and report our attendance before 7.20 a.m (also due to nervousness haha). I drove my own car to the school. The school is located in Bandar Seri Permaisuri which only took us about 15 minutes (minus the morning traffic *sigh*) to arrive.
![]() |
| This is us being 'shameless' and selfie-ing in the office 🤭 |
We were informed by the headmistress about 'Hari Raya' celebration a week before. All the kids were dressing up nicely with their traditional attires, colourful scarves and cool shoes. Not gonna lie, some people might not even notice that we were even standing there, I felt so underdressed! Joke aside, the celebration was lively and happening. We were invited by the head of English department, Madam Hamizah to her class to enjoy some foods prepared by the teachers and students there.
![]() |
| Open-house ❎ Open-class ✅ |
| We were invited by many classes to eat with them. This was probably our third meal. Worry not, I only took them in small portion so no foods were wasted/ harmed in the process 😊 |
After that, we were brought to the staff room to meet some new faces there. We were given an opportunity to choose our very own cubicle! That was so exciting haha but poor my friend, Aziah, because she was placed near the main door (a.k.a the infamous "kaunter pertanyaan" 🤣)
![]() |
| It is an open-spaced cubicle but I loved it! |
We also had a brief meeting with the teachers and the head of departments to discuss about our classes and minor subjects. We were asked to teach two English classes and one Math class each. That sounded hilarious now because I never thought that I would be teaching Mathematics, especially not in high school. After further discussions, we decided to take all the classes given to us with open hearts.
Wednesday - 17th May 2023
Since we were assigned to take over several Form 1 classes, we came to school for the evening session. The session usually starts at 12.45 p.m. We joined their daily assembly at Balairongseri Permaisuri, the school hall.
![]() |
| Daily assembly with Form 1 and Form 2 students. |
![]() |
| My first time meeting the kids! |
I met my students for the first time today. 1 Topez couldn't control their excitement. They were super loud and energetic. My ISTP-self couldn't keep up with their energy. I had an ice-breaking session to get to know them better.
I asked them to fold some papers into triangular-prism shape for them to write their names later. It will make it easier for me to call their names later when we are doing class activities. They also asked me some questions to get to know me better. Everything was okay!
Thursday - 18th May 2023
I met my 1 Intan kids for the first time today and was nervous for real! I was asked to take over Teacher Nasuha's Mathematics class as she is on maternity leave for three months. I managed to steal some time during my break to prep for my first Maths class. I also covered the first sub-topic (which I learnt back when I was in Form 2) and a few questions for them to try out later. It was not as though as I imagined it would be hahaha but still, i am crying (also read as : suffering) in the inside lol!!
![]() |
| The tension we had during my first time as their Maths teacher was insane😅 |
![]() |
| I am feeling nostalgic with my new calculator I got from Encik Roslan (another Mathematics guru of this school!) |
Friday - 19 May 2023
We finally met our mentor, Sir Azuan. He was very friendly and easy going. Since he is the only senior English teacher for this session, the three of us were assigned as his mentees for the next five months. He brought us for a 'school tour' and show us the classes, the school canteen, and the prayer hall, as well as the other special rooms so we won't get into trouble finding them later. The school compound was small than the other school I've been to before but what else could I asked for? It means I do not have to go all trouble moving here and there when I have packed classes in the future! weeeheee!!!
![]() |
| Round One... |
![]() |
| Round Two! |









No comments:
Post a Comment