Monday - 22nd May 2023
My second week of practicum started off very well today with our weekly assembly. The teachers were placed on the stage, facing the kids. Starting with singing Lagu Negaraku and Wilayah state song, the entire hall had to stand up right, facing the flag poles while the prefects on duty handled the flags and brought them to the top.
Right after the assembly ended, I went straight to the staff room to enjoy the meal I brought from home. (cuz hot girl brings her own lunch box **slayyyy **)
| Happy tummy secured! |
I still had some times before my class started at 4 p.m. I took my chance to do prep for Mathematics class. Puan Hayati (our Maths senior teacher) helped providing us some modules and other important documents like e-rph sample and the DSKP of the subject for us to refer to.
![]() |
| Aziah's calculator is 💫THE💫 paid actor here |
![]() |
| Teachers teach and learn, too, okay? |
![]() |
| Found an easy exercise to introduce integers to the kids. |
You also might be wondering what I meant by 'befriended the whiteboard'. *dramatic drumrolls* . It officially marked as my first day of lesson teaching!
Since I only had one English class with 1 Ruby today, I decided to teach them Possessive Adjectives. Thankfully, the lesson went smoothly though I admit I was so nervous and worried of what to expect.
![]() |
| My student gave me this chocolate 😋 |
Tuesday - 23rd May 2023
It is the Spot-check Day.
And yes,
you are all checkmate, kids!
We were just finished with our daily quick assembly when the teachers and prefects were asked to check on all the students. We were required to consficate any kind of make ups, comics/novels, perfumes or anything that are considered harmful and inappropriate from the students' bags. This is to ensure them to stick on the school rules. Boys with long messy hair were detained and brought to the other side of the hall. The disciplinary teacher, Ustaz Riduan had to cut their hair short as some of them had been warned about their hair, more than twice before. It took around one hour before we finally let them go back to their respective classes.
| This is how the girls section looked like |
| The other kids were ordered to leave their bags at the back of the foyer |
| Teacher Ummu in action! |
| Aziah's satisfied face after she consficated some stuffs 🤭 |
![]() |
| Hair spot check with le boys (Asyraf and Zaim from 1 Ruby 😂) |
It was my first time teaching 1 Topez and I taught them the same lesson I did with the other class yesterday. I personally think it is easier to get to know new kids by carrying out a simple lesson utilising their speaking skills. It also helps me get a bigger picture of their general English proficiencies so that I can provide lessons that are suitable for them.
I had most of the evening by myself at the staff room. After I had my lunch (Do we call meals at 5:15 pm as lunch? 🤷🏻♀️), I wrapped all the textbooks I got from the other teachers using a clear book wrapper. I don't know, I just like them neat i guess. I also put on my labels on each of my books and stationeries so I wont get them mixed up with others.
![]() |
People come and go, so do stationeries.... |
Wednesday - 24th May 2023
I had a two-period class with 1 Topez right after the assembly. Our lesson today was about their favourite sport. Since the first chapter is mostly about introducing oneself, I decided to use sport to pique their interest as I noticed during our ice-breaking session last week, most of the kids enjoyed doing sports. I mostly encouraged the kids to use WH-questions to write about their favourite sports to guide them write their own bubble map. While they worked on their own bubble maps, I went around to interview them about their favourite sports as I was trying to get to know them well.
![]() |
In the evening, my friends and I went to the office to meet the principal to settle some errands regarding college. Later, I was told to go to the library which is located on the third floor for relief class with form 2 classes. Since it was already past Asr prayer time, the smell of the library was clouded by their damp socks smell. Geez, it was a canon event I couldn't interfere!
| Geez, the smell 🤢! It was a canon event I couldn't interfere! |
Thursday - 25th May 2023
My first period of the day was with 1 Topez and I decided to come early to the class. Unfortunately, the door was closed and locked still, by a huge door lock. I still couldn't comprehend why would such a big chain was on the door, but they must had their own reasons for it. Didn't they?
I waited for fifteen minutes (as the teacher in charge let them out of the hall quite late) for 1 Topez kids to come upstairs and unlocked the door. In the evening, I taught 1 Intan Integers and had a 15-min break in between for Asr prayer.
It was just a normal day for me.
Except me and Aziah got flashed by an unknown on our way back home. *sigh*
Friday - 26th May 2023
We were asked to come earlier than usual to set up our own fingerprints in PEPATIH (I don't remember exactly what the acronym stands for but it is basically the system to track our attendances). The clerks and Cikgu Faiz helped us with the process.













No comments:
Post a Comment