Pages

Writing for my own record of experiences.

Week 6 - A very eventful week...

 Monday - 19th June 2023


Starting my second month working as a teacher in SMK Seri Permaisuri with our weekly assembly. As usual, the teacher in-charge will invite the cleanest class from the last week to come to the stage and receive their trophy, followed by the speeches from several teachers.


Just finished singing to Negaraku and Wilayah state songs

Around 3 p.m. after I had my lunch at the staff room, I went to the hall for relief classes.  It was Ustazah Hidayati's class. She had left the kids with some homework beforehand and I was there to supervise them to make sure they'd return their workbook back to her table in the staff room.


The rest of the day was fine but I was extremely tired and exhausted from teaching I Ruby and 1 Intan. Prolly because I was having a Monday blues?



Pendidikan Agama Islam  workbook

1 Baiduri and 1 Berlian kids


Tuesday - 20th June 2023



We had a visitor from the nearest police station today for a talk.  The talk was focusing on the 'Anti- Bullying' campaign, delivered by two policemen. It was mandatory for all the teachers and students to join. The talk took place during the first three periods, so basically, my two-period class with 1 Ruby was burnt ( and I am a bit tad happy with that 🤭). 

I gained a lot of new knowledge from the talk and it was very beneficial to educate the students about bullying, harassments and so on. I noticed the kids were taking jokes a bit too far sometimes, that's why this kind of talk is very much needed not only for the students but also the teachers too.


Our mentor 🤗

Q&A session with the audiences






Wednesday - 21st June 2023


Now let me ask you a serious question.

Have you ever heard of Kadet JPJ Sekolah before? JPJ as in  Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan??!

Well, our school has it.  It was my first meeting with Kadet JPJ and I had to handle the meeting alone as the other three teachers were not available and had to attend other official meetings. I had to do a brief research on the club as I had to introduce them the song, the club's missions and visions, and other important stuff. The one hour meeting was so nerve-wrecking at first but luckily, it went well under my supervision.


Reading "Ikrar Kadet JPJ" together

The president checking on the
attendance of the members

I asked them to write  down
the lyrics of "Lagu Kadet JPJ"


Later in the evening, we had the rehearsal for the next day's Majlis Perlantikan Pengawas Sekolah.  All the prefects and librarians involved were asked to gather at the school hall and sit accordingly to what the teacher-in-charge instructed them to. I was in charge of giving the certificate to the Inspector (the VIP, whom is going to inaugurate the ceremony) on stage.


Teacher Zainon gave instructions to the prefects.

These are the certs I am
going to hand to the VIP tomorrow

They looked so nervous!


Thursday - 22nd June 2023


It's the D-Day!!

The ceremony took place around 2 hours which also means, the first four periods were dedicated for the event. All the students took their place behind the prefects and the librarians' line. It was so good to finally be able to see them in their complete school uniform. So neat!! 

After our GPKK delivered her speech,  followed by the speech from the Inspector, the emcees calls out the receivers name one by one. Unfortunately, I did not have many photos taken as I was busy handing the certs on stage. But a few will still do, isn't it?


This looked so CGI 😝

The kids looked very neat wearing their formal school attires.

Spotted the three of us! 😜


In the evening, the UBK (Unit Bimbingan dan Kaunseling) organised a talk entitled, "Sayangi Diri -  Literasi Undang-Undang Jenayah Seksual Dalam Kalangan Remaja". The talk was basically to educate the students, boys and girls and even the teachers, about sexual crimes/assaults. The talk was delivered by two police women from Jabatan Siasatan Jenayah, IPK Kuala Lumpur. By the end of the talk, Cikgu Ann (the counsellor) held a Q&A session with the kids. 


 

Friday - 23rd June 2023 


So we were just done with the Majlis Perlantikan Pengawas Sekolah yesterday,  right? I was shocked by another news  right after I stepped into the staff room today. They actually planned on organising another ceremony to celebrate the class monitors next week...and we just found out about it today?

"Majlis Watikah Perlantikan Ketua Kelas dan Pembimbing Rakan Sebaya" is happening next week, and today is the rehearsal? Whoah, give me a break!!

Aziah will be the emcee! ~~TIME TO SHINEEE~~

The rehearsal

I had a reading comprehension activity with 1 Ruby today. Since their UP1 results were flopping, I think it is very important to make them understand on how to actually answer the questions using every grammar knowledge we have learnt so far. And so I printed a giant text and pasted it on the whiteboard. 

Nevertheless, it was just another normal Friday for me (except someone spilled some paints in front of the staff room). Let's see what Week 7 holds for me!!



Reading comprehension activity,
The Colours of Malaysia

mini playcards

Aziah, a FBI in disguise!

The crime scene

No comments:

Post a Comment