Pages

Writing for my own record of experiences.

Week 5 - Into my second month of teaching...


 Monday- 12th June 2023 


Welcome to another week of my practicum journey! On the first day of Week 5, I had plenty of time in the staff room before my classes, the three last periods of the day started. Therefore, right after the assembly I went straight to my cubicle and started to revise a few things related to Mathematics. I also printed some handouts I was going to use with 1 Ruby (ENG) and 1 Intan (MT). It has been so easy using my own printer next to me, less work, good printing quality and  most importantly, no queuing!

We also had rehearsal for the farewell party we are throwing for our principal, Umi Rozita. This Friday is going to be her last day in the school and it was kind of sad to let her go as she was very friendly and easy going. Other than that, I spent the remaining time with my relief classes with 2 Intan and 2 Kristal, as well as marking the books that have been piling up on my table since last week! 🤭




Tuesday - 13th June 2023


I did a very interesting activity with 1 Ruby today. I taught them how to write a postcard and they seemed to enjoy decorating their postcards so much. What made the postcard looked even more real is the fake stamps I printed out. I had a lot of fun explaining the format and the purpose of one's sending a postcard. This is very cheesy and expected but yes, most kids wrote the postcards to the one they like. Euu, so predictable! (I am not judging but yes, I am but who likes their own classmates??!) 


The postcards they made 😍




Wednesday - 14th June 2023



We received an official memo from the KPM earlier today to start the CoCu activities as usual starting from  Wednesday next week. What a day to start with! Aziah, Ummu and I were all asssigned into different clubs and organisations (We still do not have the names yet but that's the slightest info I could gather at the moment 🤓).

My classes with 1 Topez went a bit downhill today. It wasn't that bad but I wished they'd learnt from the mistakes they made today and changed. I am a pretty much cool teacher most of the time but I do not condone such rude behaviour in my class. They asked for my forgiveness before i stepped outside and promised to not repeat whatever they did today.

I also had my Maths class with 1 Intan before Asr prayer. The kids seemed to confused the fractions so I had to draw the shape (the basic illustrations of a fraction) on the whiteboard. After that, I was asked by Cikgu Shazila to come to the netball selection at the court. It was our first selection of the year, hence, a lot of students came to try their luck.


The seniors that already graduated
from the school also came to help.

Cikgu Shazila was briefing the kids.



Thursday - 15th June 2023


We had to come as early as possible (10 a.m.) to celebrate our principal. It was a farewell party I've talked about in the previous entry. The event was glamorous and heart-warming. The teachers celebrated Umi Rozita's service in the school for 4 years in SEPERMAI. Aside from the speeches delivered by the GPKs, there were also a montage video-play and a photo session with all the teachers and students.


I spent the rest of the day with several relief classes and prepared my lesson with 1 Intan. I was going to finish the chapter 2 by the end of the week. They lost the handouts i gave previously for holidays. *sigh*



Goodbye, Umi.  🥺

The celebration was lively!




Friday -  16th June 2023


It was a normal Friday for me. I didn't have any relief classes for the day and spent most of my free time revising Mathematics with Aziah.


Later in the evening, I taught 1 Topez to write their own postcards. It was the same lesson as I did with 1 Ruby previously. The kids had a lot of fun writing it and some even got way too excited picking up the best colour paper to write on! 


As for my one period lesson with 1 Ruby, I taught them grammar (BECAUSE/SO). I was a little bit irritated with some of them because of their lack of manners, especially those so called 'athletes'. The had been sleeping in my class and whenever I tried waking them up, they just ignored me. 🤨




Had lunch with Aziah in my cubicle before the session started 😋

Planning to teach them Chapter 2 next week!








No comments:

Post a Comment