Pages

Writing for my own record of experiences.

Week 13 - Minggu Akademik dan Patriotik ...


Monday - 7th August 2023

Today marks the thirtieth week of my practicum and I would like to thank myself for standing so strong up to this day knowing it is not easy becoming teachers nowadays. You did a great job and you need to know that! #selflove

Since we are now entering the Month of Independence, our school decided to celebrate the Ambang Merdeka by launching the Minggu Akademik dan Patriotik today. The teachers had constantly reminded us about the programmed that will be carried out throughout August and early September in conjunction of our country's Independence Day on 31st of August this year. The theme was "Malaysia Klasik" so we were dressing up with our kebarung and kain batik. Before the event started, our department planned on recording a video, wishing all SEPERMAI people , a very Happy Merdeka Day. 

The celebration started during the first three periods. It was very lively and we had a lot of fun celebrating it with our colleagues and students.  The students prepared a few performances including a choir songs and other solo performances. By the end of the event, we stood up to sing Negaraku, and Keranamu Malaysia. They also distributed Jalur Gemilang to the students and teachers before the songs played.


With the other English teachers (Evening session)
 Minus Sir Azuan and Teacher Ain



The choir team. I didn't get it why would they put
1 Topez's Danny in the middle alone 😅



Tuesday - 8th August 2023

On the second day into Week 13 of my practicum, I had several relief classes with 2 Baiduri and 2 Kristal at the school hall.  Teacher Khadijah left them with science homeworks so I just let them do their work before letting them our for recess. During my class with 1 Ruby earlier today, I gave them their Paper 1 that I had done marking since last week. None of them got an A or B, the highest was 69 (which was so close to get a B-). I tried my best to help find that 1% to help Afeef get a B-. It is okay, maybe this will be a lesson for him and the other classmates to read the instructions, passages carefully and always reread and recheck the answers next time. He did great with his Paper 2, I hope he can improve his grammar and comprehension skills. After I was done discussing Paper 1 with 1 Ruby, I went to Surau (which is located next to their class) to minum petang with Cikgu Rahaya and Ummu. She made some cekodok tempe which were soooo scrumptious!! When I came back to the staff room, Teacher Hayati came to our table and gave us free Kotex pads she got from UBK. 


The view that I'll be missing someday...

Caught Ujang trying to break into UBK
(Someone reported that she was the culprit behind the
 suspicious yellow liquid  left in BILIK S.U.P)

I know we shouldn't get too attached as
 we are leaving soon, but here's ROTI.
Yay, free pads for the next two months!

Chef Ummu in action !


Wednesday - 9th August 2023

I was working in the morning today as I was assigned to help morning teachers monitor Form 5 classes for their English Speaking Test. I went out from my house at 6.40 a.m and arrived at the school around 7.40 a.m! I was doomed! Of course, I was expecting the traffic jammed but I didnt know it could be that bad! Also, the shortcut road I've been using everyday was closed due to the dysfunctional traffic light. It couldn't get any worse, isn't it?

Luckily, when I arrived and registered my thumbprint, they still hadn't start the test yet. Instead, they were still trying to figure out the flow of the test as they will only call the classes one by one. It means that the kids would still have to attend their classes as usual and when their class are ready to be called to the SAC room, then they'll have to move there. Despite the difficulty handling the timetable at first, the test went smoothly as planned. The best part of this was I got to skip Co-Cu meeting as I didn't have to attend the evening session and my classes would be taken care by the original class teachers. YAHOOOOO AND HOORAYYY!!!





On the way to the canteen with Mdm Rozita and Mdm Hamizah
My first meal from the school canteen. One of the reason we
 never lunch there is because the trays will be empty by
 the time we arrived at the school. It was only 10 a.m.
yet the dishes were almost finished!

Ummu visited me before evening session Co-Cu meeting started
Checking their attendances



What I concluded of today if I were to changed to morning session :

PROs:  Get home early
CONS: Traffic jams made a 15-min drive changed to an hour drive / Hard to get free parking outside my apartment (around lunch hour) / Had to wake up super early!!


I love working in the evening 🥰



Thursday - 10th August 2023


It's been a week since I last saw 1 Topez kids. Panitia Agama organised Ceramah Maal Hijrah roday during the first three periods so I didnt get to see the kids as well. I wasnt feeling disappointed and I bet, the kids were far more than happy to skip my classes! The talk was delivered by an Ustaz from SMK Taman Tasik who was also a SEPERMAI alumi!


During my class with 1 Intan, I distributed their Mathematics paper and only 1 person got a B-, most of them failed my paper. Of course, I scolded them for purposely leaving the answer spaces empty and untouched! We did correction for part A of the paper together.




Friday - 11th August 2023


We did not have to go to school today as our school took Hari Kelepasan Am (Cuti Peristiwa) for Pilihan Raya DUN (PRN 2023). Since I am originally residing in Pahang, I didn't have to vote as our state did not have DUN votings. 









No comments:

Post a Comment