Monday - 31st July 2023
Today had been a little bit too hectic for me. There were a lot of teachers who were absent due to viral flu and five of them were on CB (Cuti Bersalin). Therefore, we had to do take as many relief classes we can at once. Right after our weekly assembly ended around 2 p.m, I stayed at the hall with Teacher Farhah to monitor several Form 2 classes four two periods straight. It was kind of tiring as the kids were scattering around the places, tried to skip classes and some even played sepak takraw at the open court next to the hall! I had to use the microphone to call them out. A few of them listened to my instructions and some did not. *sigh*
After my relief class ended, I went to the staff room to eat my lunch. I continued marking 1 Ruby English Paper 2. I could tell which one really did listen to my instruction to read the handouts I gave (which was 98% similar to the one appeared in the exam) and which did not. After one hour relaxing and did my work, I had to run back and forth to the Surau and the foyer to relief a few classes. It was so tiring and the weather was extremely hot too that I might pass out!
It was not too long after I had my prayer break, I had to run to 1 Ruby. We were told by the head of department to not discuss or give their papers yet as there are still some people who are yet to sit for their exam. Therefore, I only gave them more reading comprehension drilling as I was utterly disappointed by the marks they got for section B of Paper 1.
![]() |
| My playful 1 Topez kids π |
![]() |
| Relief class with 1 Baiduri (Cikgu Hayati left them some Mathematics exercises to do) |
![]() |
| Brought 1 Ruby paper along to the hall. |
![]() |
| I might need some panadols...ππ»♀️ |
![]() |
| My actual reaction when reading their emails and essays... |
![]() |
Went to relief 1 Delima and nobody was there |
![]() |
| My lesson with 1 Ruby today |
Tuesday - 1st August 2023
I started off my day with a relief class in Peralihan. It was so hard communicating with the kids as most of them only speak Mandarin or Tamil. But thank God, there was someone who was famously known as the class's translator to help me translate my instruction to the rest of the class. It was kind of tricky teaching them as they were talking in different languages and sometimes, I just think they are mocking me but I couldn't care any less. Kudos to the teachers who are teaching Peralihan kids. You all are the real gems of SEPERMAI!
Right after I was done with Peralihan kids, I went to straight to 2 Berlian to relief Cikgu Alja's BM class. I just told them to finish any homework they had before allowing them to go for Zuhr prayer and recess. Jibril and his friends showed me some cool stuff which was a notebook full of pretty drawings belongs to Jibril. He was a great artist though.
![]() |
| The cat looked like a bread that was just got out from the oven |
![]() |
| Relief class with 2 Baiduri |
![]() |
| Jibril, Rayyan and Adi giving comments to each other drawings and it almost turned into a fight π |
Wednesday - 2nd August 2023
After a long time, I finally had the chance to start teaching Mathematics again. We started the new chapter, which is the third chapter fo the syllabus as I promised them before. It looked like some of them had an easy time to understand the most basic part in Kadar dan Kadaran topic which basically evolves around unit changes ( Eg: 1Km = 1000m) which they had learnt previously learnt in primary school. However, a lot of them did not master the units yet.
![]() |
| They were playing and did not copy my work so I made a rule, "Only sit if you have shown my your book" and so it worked! |
Thursday - 3rd August 2023
Aziah, Ummu and I came a little earlier as usual today though we did not have to join the Panitia meeting. I was marking my students' papers when I received a call from my mother. She told me a very unfortunate news which needed me to come home sooner. I immediately texted our PK Petang, Puan Faziatul and asked for a two-day leave (We usually will meet her in her office but since she was the one who led the meeting, I don't think it would be appropriate if I just barge into the room). She replied almost immediately and asked me to hand her the excuse letter when I come back.
I was beyond grateful that all the teachers and the management of the school are always so supporting and understanding, and I couldn't ask more! I clocked-out around 12 p.m. and left two set of handouts to Ummu (1 Topez) and Aziah (1 Ruby) when they looked out the classes for me later.
Friday - 4th August 2023
*I was unable to attend the school due to personal bussiness.
The GPKs were well-informed and approved my Cuti Rehat Khas (CRK)*

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)

.jpeg)




No comments:
Post a Comment