Pages

Writing for my own record of experiences.

Week 11 - Exam week 2 ...


Monday - 24th July 2023


The second week of examination started with Asas Sains Komputer (1 & 2 Berlian only) and Reka Bentuk dan Teknologi the other classes. I was in-charged in monitoring 1 Berlian for ASK, hence, I had to take the papers from BILIK S.U.P right after the assembly ended.  Later in the evening, Aziah and I went to the BILIK S.U.P to collect our English and Mathematics papers.  We had to write our name in the log book beforehand as a record of receiving the papers. I started marking 1 Topez's English Paper 1 at the staff room whenever I had the free time. I also went to monitor 2 Topez during their Science exam. A period before their paper started, I encouraged them to do some revisions OR at least pretend to read the textbook but they just ignored me. Well, up to you guys...


1 Berlian kids sitting for ASK paper.
My desk was full!





🤦🏻‍♀️🤳🏼


Tuesday -  25th July 2023

It's was Geography paper today. I was assigned to monitor 1 Topez on the first period. I went straight to the class from BILIK S.U.P which is only a few doors away from 1 Topez. The kids was terrified seeing their English paper in my hands (I enjoy annoying kids *partially torturing them by marking those papers in front of them 🤭*). There was a few errors on the paper. The kids had been asking me if the scales of the compass were actually there. So I contacted Cikgu Syahirah to double confirm it. Since the picture on their papers were not so clear, I had to draw it myself on the whiteboard so nobody will ask the same question all over again.

After their recess, I had to return to 1 Topez for their Pendidikan Seni Visual paper. This time, I did not bring their English papers with me. I just monitored around the class and commented on their "arts". I went to the staff room afterwards and continued marking their English papers.


1 Topez 😜

They couldn't see where the arrows were pointing at
They were supposed to draw 'a scenery' but most of them
drew the same thing. They were just copying each other's ideas! 🤣

I asked Danny what did he draw and he replied,
"This is the waterfall. See? There are two rocks in the middle...😀"
 
This just made everything easier for me! #hacksandtricks


Wednesday - 26th July 2023

The kids (except those taking Chinese paper) had a plenty of free before their  Sejarah paper after Zuhr prayer. Again, I was assigned to relief 1 Topez during the fifth period which was also a period before the examination started. I asked them to do their revisions and to sit silently at their own places. Knowing 1 Topez, it was definitely something that is out of my control to keep their mouths shut. After the bell rang, I asked them to keep all their belongings except their stationeries and water bottles. I spent the rest of the day marking 1 Intan Mathematics paper. Surprisingly, it took me solid 20 minutes to finish marking them all! I wasn't very sure if I was supposed to be happy or sad :)))))

Happy because I had saved plenty of time. Sad because they left the answer section empty...😬

Why so serious 1 Topez?

💆🏻‍♀️


Thursday - 27th July 2023


Today was the last day of their exam week. The war is almost over people!! 

We, the teachers had a brief meeting today. It is called Bicara Intelek Guru, celebrating the teachers that had the best service for the past few months. The GPKs also talked about some other important things including the events after the examination week ended this week. Right after we were back at the staff room, Cikgu Hayati gave us free carbonara spagetthi. Yay, free lunch for today! During my lunch break (I decided to stop marking their English papers for awhile 💆🏻‍♀️), I watched a few videos of Mathematics Unit 3: Kadar dan Kadaran as I am planning to start teaching 1 Intan a new chapter next week. 

I was told to monitor 1 Intan during Pendidikan Islam paper during the third and fourth  periods. I noticed the teacher before me, Cikgu Masrizal placed Inaas (a special need student) at the back of the class facing the opposite direction as his classmates as he kept making sounds and attempted on making conversation while his friends answering their paper. His classmates might get uncomfortable, that's why.Since I was the last person who was going to monitor 1 Ruby during their Pendidikan Jasmani dan Kesihatan paper, I had to return the papers to BILIK S.U.P. back. 1 Ruby kids had been pestering me to give their English marks like... you all...... looking at how the essays were written....I..I really need to do thorough  reading, at least three times for each essay!






Thank you Kak Yati 🥰
Inaas facing the Surau 😅

Friday - 28th July 2023

After two weeks, the examination period is finally over. We started the assembly a bit longer than usual. The teacher in-charged, Ustaz Riduan gave some advices and talked about the students' attitude throughout the examination period, including their prayer times and their attitude at the school canteen. Since the assembly ended around 3 p.m., Ustaz Riduan allowed the Form 1 kids to go recess, while the Form 2 kids prayed at Surau Sekolah. I didn't have the chance to meet 1 Ruby today during my one-period class with them as our college supervisor, Miss Nadia would be having her first social visit at that time. 

Ummu, who was free at the time (I went to give the kids some grammar handouts first), went to pick up Miss Nadia at the parking lot. I met them at the hallway and we went straight to the meeting room. We had a brief conversation to get to know her a bit while waiting for our GPK1, Puan Faridah and Sir Azuan to come. During the meeting, Sir Azuan had been showering us compliments. I was so moved and grateful to him for being such a good mentor for the three of us. The three of them had a conversation related to our activities and performances, so we simply nodded to everything they said! 😁 



Thank you Miss for treating us the coffees!
 (Ummu had a class atm)





No comments:

Post a Comment