Pages

Writing for my own record of experiences.

Week 9 - Our Aedes-terpiece ...


Monday - 10th July 2023


Whoa....It's WEEK 9 already?!!! Which also means the workloads are pilling up. Wheew!! 

Our mentor, Sir Azuan told us to prepare a replica of an Aedes mosquito as a gimmick for "Gotong- Royong Tangani Aedes" that's happening in a few days.  Aziah, Ummu and I brain-stormed our ideas at the back of the printing room right after we came to the school. We sure were very enthusiastic, didn't we? Sir Azuan gave RM 150 as a fund from the school to bring the mosquito into life. A good aedes mosquito i mean... We were also assigned under Cikgu Sarah (an art teacher) who's going to supervise our work.

We started gathering some stuff that we might need such as recycled boxes from the KOPERASI, used bottles and some polystyrenes. Let's just hope all these works!


This wire is very useful. Totally a game changer!







Tuesday - 11th July 2023


We came earlier than usual to start working on the replica. We started to sculpt the body using flower sponges and the boxes we collected the other day. It was very hard to do as we did not get the shape we were hoping for. It looked so 'boxy' and not 3D, giving an unrealistic visual of an aedes. It's okay, girls! Do not give up yet. We've still got plenty of time before the weekend comes!

After I finished my lesson with 1 Ruby,  I went to the staff room to print out some related forms needed by Sir Azuan. As promised, Sir Azuan asked us to gather at the back of the printer room to brief and gave out some comments related to our LOs we did previously. With 29 years of teaching experience, he carefully commented on our teachings as well as suggesting a few ideas that may work with the existing ideas to make the lesson more fun and student-centered. 

Alrighty, sir! I'll keep that in mind.



Wednesday -  12th July 2023


On Wednesday, we think of PINK and speak of the CO-CU DAY! 

It's time for Olahraga Club meeting. Since my car broke down the other day, I had to visit the workshop and came a bit late to the school after I informed the teacher-in-charge of the club. The meeting was held at the mini stadium next to our school. There were four teachers including me who joined the meeting. After we were done stretching muscles, we started doing simple workouts to enhance our flexibility. I am not a flexible person so I had a hard time trying to follow the instructors. Alas, I had a lot  of fun exercising.



My first time going to the mini stadium
Cikgu Ashikin was giving the instruction to the students

 Of course, I ended up having a back ache afterwards 🏋🏻


After the CoCu meeting was over, the three of us continued working on the aedes replica. I sprayed its body using three paint sprays. I made sure each parts of the replica was perfectly covered with paints, not allowing any missing spots! Now that we finally finished colouring its body, it kinda looked like an aedes now.

#followersmustknowthatIworked 😬




Thursday -  13th July 2023


We had to come a little bit earlier today as we are throwing a farewell party for Puan Sarimah (one of the GPKs).  I was in charged in organising  the presents with Cikgu Alja. 



I arranged the presents accordingly
 to the list name prepared by  Cikgu Mila.


Since next week is the examination week, I gave  both 1 Topez and 1 Ruby drilling exercises to work on during their classes with me today. They were mostly about related to grammar and tenses they had learnt previously. 1 Topez kids were very active and almost half of them managed to get at least 15 out of 20 questions. I also gave both classes a guideline each on how to write a simple essay that I prepared a day before. I also left my contact number if they wanted to ask me questions during the weekend.


I hope they'll complete these work or else... 😤



After I ended my class with 1 Intan,  I went straight to the staff room and continued working on our aedes-terpiece right away.  Ummu and I tried to stick both platform and the replica together so that it has a very strong base and won't break so easily. It was a very tricky one as the base (the polystyrenes are very fragile).
 

Cikgu Ashkin asked me,
"Nyamuk ni  buat plastic surgery ke?"
  
Now I cannot unsee it!!😭




Friday - 14th July 2023



We did some touch ups with our replica. Ummu painted its eyes while Aziah worked on its wings. In order to stick its body to the platform, I used a flexible wire to tie both stuff together. That was the hardest part out of all stages of our aedes-terpiece so far. It took a  lot of patience, although I almost lose it, I managed to tied all the part together! Wooorayy! Not only that, I also remind 1 Topez and 1 Ruby to read the essay writing guidelines to score paper 2 and wished them the best.


Ummu the eyeballs maker

Final touch ups before we put on the wings on

Making the stripes

Later in the evening, as per what Sir Azuan had informed us earlier, we were highly advised to stay inside the class with the kids as the nearest  Klinik Kesihatan branch would be fogging around the school compound in correlation and to show support for tomorrow's gotong-royong event.





Saturday - 15th July 2023


This was our first time working during the weekend. We had our "Gotong Royong Mencegah Nyamuk Aedes" today. The three of us were not assigned any specific jobs during the gotong-royong as we already worked on the replica. The replica was used during the gimmick at the opening of the event. The YDPA of PIBG was asked to spray some water near the replica as a symbolic of us getting rid of the aedes mosquitos around the school compound. 

We received a lot of compliments hehe
Sir Azuan looked way more excited than any of us 🤭
The three of us with Cikgu Sarah
Photo time!! (with all teachers and PIBG members)
Us with 1 Topez and 1 Mutiara kids


The opening gimmick by the YDPA of PIBG


After that, me and the other English teachers went to BILIK S.U.P (Setiausaha Peperiksaan) to staple  both English Paper 1 and Paper 2  for Form 1. It took us around one hour to finally finish stapling all the papers and sorted them according the the classes. However, Sir Azuan insisted to bring Form 2 papers home and stapling them later. We all love a volunteer, don't we? 😆

Selfie is a must!






No comments:

Post a Comment