Pages

Writing for my own record of experiences.

Week 8 - Finally being evaluated ...


Monday - 3rd July 2023


If you are reading this now, I would like congratulate you for surviving reading all eight entries I had no idea what I've written about! (This is pun intended, btw). I am super grateful for the people of SEPERMAI for welcoming me and my friends and have been very helpful since the very beginning. We had a photo session with all the teachers today. We were instructed to wear a nude-coloured attires to match with everyone. Both morning and evening session teachers gathered at the school foyer at 10 p.m. It was scorching hot outside I think I got a sunburn!

The session took longer than I expected as it was quite difficult to get pics with a good amount of people in one frame. The photographer decided to just super imposed the gentlemen's picture into the ladies' as they could fit into the frame with just one take! (I am planning on getting a copy of the picture so, I'll give you an update once it reaches my hands 😉) 

The photography schedule for today

I followed the theme!
My 1 Intan kiddos looked so good with their full school attire!



Tuesday - 4th July 2023


The second day of the week started off with me attending relief classes. I brought my laptop to the hall while supervising the students as I need to work on my lesson plans before my Lesson Observation (LO) with our mentor on Friday. Since I only have a class with 1 Ruby today,  I did a writing  exercise with the theme of Natural Disaster with them. Since the textbook are mostly highlighting the events from the Western countries,  I adapted the lesson by introducing them into local events such as the Tsunami happed in 2004, as well as the landslide tragedy that happened earlier this year in Batang Kali. It is easier this way to let them relate and ponder about. 

Five minutes before my lesson with 1 Ruby ended, Teacher Farhah called me to the foyer to take photos for Olahraga Club. Luckily, the kids had already done answering the worksheet I gave them. 




Coffees to stay happy! ☕️





Wednesday - 5th  July 2023


I went to 1 Topez earlier and came back disappointed as the teacher-in-charge took almost half of the my first period. I only got to do the lesson quick as I did not want to drag my lesson to Friday (I'll be doing my LO with my mentor on that day). Thankfully, 1 Topez kids were very quick in understanding the lesson. The rest of the day was spent very well with Mathematics revisions before my class with 1 Intan and a few relief classes. 🤲🏻

Thursday - 6th July 2023


As usual, we had to come to school as early as 11 a.m.  to attend B.I.G meeting. After the meeting had ended, I went straight to the staff room and ate the lunch I brought from home. I didn't have plenty of time to prepare for 1 Topez class today so I just gave them a set of past tense exercises to work on. They asked me some questions and finished the work before I stepped out of their classroom. 1 Intan was a bit...tense today. One of my student lost her new-brand calculator she just left on her table. She cried and honestly I am so bad at comforting people! 


Aside from the relief classes I had with 2 Kristal today, I used my time preparing for tomorrow's LO with Sir Azuan. I printed a bunch of lesson plans (worth of 40x4 sheets) and organised my file. It became so bulky now!


Friday - 7th July 2023


Oh My!

Today is the DAY and I had been telling myself for the whole day to stay calm and relax! It was just an observation and since I already get comfortable with 1 Topez kids, it wouldn't be hard at all. Did it?

Before my LO, I taught 1 Ruby simple past tense and let them work on the same worksheet I gave 1 Topez before. There were a few of them who did not want to complete the worksheet. It was kind of annoying in many ways but I decided to let it slide as I didn't want to waste my energy before I even get my LO done yet!

It was raining cats and dogs during my LO with Sir Azuan and 1 Topez during the last two periods. The kids, however, were behaving well and cooperated as what I advised them a day before. Initially, I was reluctant to carry out a speaking lesson (for evaluation) at first as I was afraid they might get scarred to talk as they were being watched by another person (Sir Azuan was their teacher so they technically aren't strangers..) but turned out they did a pretty good job throughout the class activity.

Though I almost lose my voice entirely due to the shoutings (I am sorry I was fighting the rain sound), I am very satisfied of what I have shown to my mentor today. All thanks to my 1 Topez kids <3

(I wanted to take pictures for evidences but I was too nervous and my mind was factory-resetting everything :)   )





No comments:

Post a Comment